Regardless of what you’ve heard, Twitter is not dead nor dying. If you watched the news or read in a magazine article in the last 24 hours, have you seen the screenshots or embedded tweets, which helped to tell the story.
This is because Twitter is a place to discover what is happening right now in your world.
This story may not seem new. As a colleague noted at the end of 2016, Twitter is the best at the moment and as soon as the world (and Twitter) owns, the magic will happen. Well, Twitter has finally received his letter from Hogwarts.
Twitter closed the 2017 first GAAP-profitable (generally accepted accounting principles) quarter—due to spending the past year refining the focus on the here and now, and empowering the content to support.
Every change effort to keep it fresh and keep consumers coming back, thus, creates additional opportunities for brands to be creative with mobile video and to include more accurate data, and machine learning that will improve their targeting, building relationships at scale.
There is no doubt Twitter is not enough the scale of Facebook, and it doesn’t draw attention as long as YouTube and snapchat. According to the latest Pew research center social networking behavior, consumers do not use Twitter nearly as often as other platforms, it took the fourth place with 46 percent of daily active users, barely edging out on YouTube by 45 percent.
However, Twitter may still be a worthy investment. Through the use of real-time power of Twitter to take the brand in a cultural speech at the moment, your business can succeed on this platform.
Here are four areas where brands need to focus on Twitter for maximum return on investment:
- Live and events: achievements and coverage in real-time.
- Cultural highlights: where trends and brands intersect.
- One-to-one relationship: humanizing the brand through conversation.
- Second screen: capture viewers with premium content partners.
Support videos and events
Investment in direct events and moments build, scale and share of votes at critical moments. Paid media support, as a rule, necessary, but this can be expensive. However, the higher thresholds allow you to spend brands for studies of behavioral measurement to prove return on investment.
Key tactics for service live events include:
- Promoted trends: branded hashtag position above the top of the hashtag, which lasts for 24 hours. They usually come with a high price sticker and should be used in combination with a strong promoted tweet campaign that requires creative enough to tease, to build and maintain momentum for the trend.
- Significant support: encouragement, retweeting and interacting with the influencer content. These costs are usually negotiated before the start of the activation and will vary depending on the size of the effect of audience and level of activity.
- Video: streaming video does not belong upfront cost object and can be carried on need to spend level. Opportunities exist to sponsor or partner with the existing rates of programming, such as tictoc for Bloomberg, a unique channel which marries a video stream with a curated Twitter stream, creating the app “second screen” experience.
In addition to compelling content and a sufficient budget to really make money on live events, the company must ensure that the right personnel and tools.
This means that the community managers are ready to monitor the conversation and respond in real time. Team-center environment is ideal—the Union of the corresponding brand, Agency and legal groups to simplify the creation of Content by accelerating workflows.
Activation of cultural moments
The purpose of the revitalization around cultural moments to participate in relevant trends and brands intersect with the beginning of the conversation.
Few brands have the opportunity to start his own cultural moment and must resist the urge to jump in each direction, which potentially relate to the brand. Social consumers have evolved and are not afraid to name brands for false pandering. And “brands” brands of the repetition is not where you want your client in the end.
The two main approaches to fostering the cultural highlights:
- Skills: scheduling content in advance and using social intelligence tools to identify and predict the trend of the conversation. This may include a broader time frame, such as BackToSchool #or specific days as NationalCoffeeDay#.
- Active: create Content in real time on the topics that this trend organically, or when your brand is mentioned in popular culture, e.g. song lyrics or celebrity to scream.
The quality of the reactive Content of Twitter at its best. Supporting these points are not require investment, but the average time of organic life tweet only 24 minutes. Paid support is optional to go beyond the trending hashtag and organic interaction.
The house is a one-to-one relationship
The ability to interact with consumers and humanize the brand is what separates it from other social media channels. If the brand on Twitter, below are three tactics absolutely must be included in the strategy:
- Absolutely love responding and interacting with existing customers to further their relationship with the brand.
- Surprise and delight: Rewarding loyal fans of the brand and/or useful to cultivate brand ambassadors.
- Customer service: actively review customer complaints and providing methodological support.
When it comes to scale, these tactics above does not require paid media support. The main thing here is the investment in overhead. To hire appropriate staff to be able to solve the volume of mentions and using SMMS (social media management) software for process optimization table bets.
As machine learning and natural language processing improves, robots and automation will play a large role in increasing response rates and improving efficiency.
Capturing the second screen
The concept of second screen is not new, but Twitter has two specific products* to get to the second-screeners who watch Content via Twitter—if the budget allows:
- Twitter amplify: six-second pre-roll bumpers in front of a publisher or broadcast the video to grab viewers with premium Content partners.
- TV-target: promotion of Content with a unique targeting sets, targeted at those with specific TV shows, before, during and after the broadcast.
*This tactic is not for every brand and should be evaluated in the context of the brand a major media goal.
Effective use of Twitter Is to take the brand in a cultural speech at the moment, and all actions must be in service of heightening the immediacy of the platform.
If urgency is not the most important component of the message or does not fall under the four categories described above, you must reconsider its approach channel.
Chris Quintero the Manager of social strategy at global marketing and technology Agency digitas.